14 DBI TUNED DIRECTIONAL ANTENNA (EU 868)
Antennas manufactured in the European Union
Designed for connections over very long distances!
The 14dBi Optimised Helium Antenna offers +7% forward Power Transmission compared to alternative non optimised VSWR Antenna designs.
- Results in higher coverage and Increased HNT $ revenue.
interline has launched it’s newest addition to our market leading Ultra High Performance Optimised and Tuned Lora Frequency Band Antenna series.
The unique 14 dBi Tuned Directional Antenna is both directional and has the additional significant advantage that it can be tilted or moved in the Azimuth direction – unlike all other Omni Directional Antennas.
Omni directional Antennas radiate 360 degrees – this unique flat panel Antenna design is radically different in that it takes all of the radiated energy which usually would be transmitted behind and to the side of the Antenna and focuses all of this RF energy into the forward direction only – in one wide and high beam – typically 30 degrees in Azimuth and Elevation.
- Where it’s desired to steer /direct the Radiated beam into a large or difficult to reach target area. This is achieved by utilising the unique feature of this Antenna design of being able to tilt or move in the Antenna utilising it’s tillable and rotatable Antenna Mount (supplied) to focus the large beam exactly in the direction required.
- Ideal for mounting on high up Balconies or Tower Blocks where Antennas are blocked from radiating in the rearwards direction.
- Installations located on the coast where transmission to the antenna rear is not required/desired.
- Installations located immediately in front of large hills or building where rear radiation is blocked and therefore not required.
- The flat panel sector Antenna is small ,lightweight and unobtrusive and white in Colour.
Available in EU 868 Tuned and Optimised versions with ultra low VSWR.
SNR - Signal to noise ratio
Panel antennas, being directional antennas, with the same gain, always have a higher signal-to-noise ratio compared to omnidirectional antennas.
Helium – The People's Network (PoC - Proof of Coverage)
IoT M2M ( Machine to Machine ) Lora, Sigfox, XBee, RFID. Z-WAVE PANEL 868 MHz is carefully designed and construction directional antenna working in the unlicensed 867-870MHz band.
Typical applications are monitoring and digital transfer of small amounts of data.
- Energy (wind, solar panels),
- Intelligence Home
- Internet of Things
- RF sensor networks
- tracking people and objects
- safety of workers.
The picture below shows an example of the use of this antenna in the Helium - The People's Network
PoC (Proof of Coverage)
The antenna housing is grounded, which protects it against electrostatic discharge
(electric charges appearing on the antenna are discharged to the earthing system)
For proper operation, the mast on which the antenna is mounted must be grounded to the existing lightning protection system.
Despite the lack of a device lightning protection, antenna mast or the supporting structure of the antenna must be earthed.
The ground wire should form the shortest and direct path to the earth electrode Outer sheaths of coaxial cables outgoing antenna should be connected to the antenna mast or to the cablewith an equipotential bonding conductor ocross-section not less than 8 mm2 Cu.
For additional safety, install a gas lightning arrester. The assembly instructions are HERE.
- Solid casing
- Powder painted backplate
- Resistant UV
- Low level of side lobes
- Adjustable mounting
- Adjustable polarization